1.08.2012

Vegan/Gluten Free Chocolate Cherry Cookies

First off, I must say I am not vegan or gluten free.  I am simply someone who enjoys being healthy.  I choose healthy options when they are given but if there is no other choice I will choose to eat food.  I really just love food.  The girls I nanny for are both vegan and when I bake I try to keep it gluten free, hence Vegan/Gluten Free Chocolate Cherry Cookies.

 Meet the girls, and Mandy. (the cat)

 Here are the ingredients I used. (I forgot the agave in this picture) 









 My favorite part of these cookies is the sea salt.  I added a bit on top which gives it a sweet salty taste.

Ingredients:

2 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour (I used all purpose gluten free flour)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder (I used raw cacao powder)
1/2 cup grape seed oil
3/4 cup agave nectar (I used organic raw blue agave)
1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used vegan carob chips)
1 cup dried cherries (In a hurry I accidentally grabbed cranberries in this batch, not bad)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coco powder.
In another bowl whisk together grape seed oil, agave, and vanilla.

Fold wet into dry mix and combine thoroughly.  Add cherries and chocolate

Spoon the dough into table spoon size balls onto the cookie sheets.  Press down balls and flatten (this is when I added a sprinkle of salt).  Leave about 2 inches between them for baking room.  Bake for 10-15 min or until tops are dry and cracked.

ENJOY!

PS if you are vegan, for more yummy recipes check out
Waking Up Vegan


No comments: