As I grow older I find myself
New life goal: I WILL NOT let myself rush through life with out enjoying it. (Especially this Fall)
Virtue #1::Gratitude-Being thankful.
Small things I recently noticed that I feel grateful for...
- Crescent moon low in the sky
- Autumn smells swirling through my apartment
- Blue skies with or with out clouds shaped like fluffy pillows
- Crisp wind that cools you after sitting in the hot sun
- Coffee, enough said.
- Real butterflies (not pictures of them)
- The simple minds of children
- The way a stranger's smile makes you feel
How many times did you hear someone tell you "don't forget to stop and smell the roses!"
How many time have you forgotten to do that? I know I forget about it all the time.
In order to find small things each day that I am grateful for I must be aware of my day. My hope for you and me is that we start being aware and having gratitude. Our lives are beautiful! Even when we have terrible days there should always be one beautiful thing we can find. Those are the most important days to find something beautiful, to have gratitude.
So go out side, give the sky a hello and the ground a hug. Be a person full of gratitude.
ps. Please don't forget to tell the people you are grateful for 'thank you'.