5.26.2013

C O F F E E T H O U G H T S

 i recently traveled to Moab, UT with family for a camping trip. if you know me, you know i have a streak of girly girl in me. so a weekend in the mountains with limited cleanness and zero make up is just the dose of medicine this girl needed. what did the constant sweat and sore muscles teach me?

the most amazing thing happened for me while i was running across the mountain tops, i discovered the key to conquer my fears. society tells us we have to have life figured out and planned perfectly so that everything falls into place but what the mountains taught me was the opposite. when you stand on top of a very scary looking fin (flat mountain top) and you look to the sids all you can see is jagged rocks. if you look behind you it seem easier to just turn around and go back, but if you look forward and focus on what is right in front of you its easy! 
while sipping my coffee this morning i started to feel anxious about what the future holds for me and if i have taken all the right steps to get where i am. but then i was reminded of the rock and remembered that when i focus on anything except the present, life gets scary. so i am choosing to focus on the present, to be grateful for where i am and for the people in my life. and THAT is the key to kicking fear in the butt.      


DO NOT SPOIL WHAT YOU HAVE BY DESIRING WHAT YOU DO NOT HAVE.
REMEMBER THAT WHAT YOU NOW HAVE WAS ONCE AMOUNG THE THINGS YOU ONLY HOPED FOR. 
-EPICURUS

No comments: